Please note: The Southern Regional Testing Center, located on Golden West College campus, will be temporaily closed due to the COVID-19 situation. Pearson VUE has temporarily suspended CNA testing.
If you have received your approval from CDPH and have not already applied to take exam, please hold off on sending us registration applications until we have resumed testing.
If you have already sent us your registration application for any exam date after March 21st, all exams have been suspended until the office reopens.
We will be in contact with you to reschedule your exam when testing resumes. You will not be charged a rescheduling fee.
How to Register for the Nurse Assistant Certification Exam:
1. Complete Registration Form
- Remember to sign the application and money order/cashier's check
2. List requested examination date and test site on application
Examination dates and locations - (All exams have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 situation)
3. Testing Fee (No Credit/Debit cards or personal checks will be accepted)
Both Manual and Written Exam ... $100
Retake Manual Skills Exam Only ... $65
Retake Written Exam Only --- $35
Oral Written Exam (additional fee) --- $ 15
Rescheduling fee -- $25 (Flat rate applies for all rescheduled/cancelled/missed manual and/or written exams)
Money order or cashier's check, payable to Regional Testing Center. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.
4. If you were appoved by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), please include COPY of approval letter (932 form). DO NOT send your original. Original 932 form is needed at the test site.
5. Mail completed registration application and examination fee to:
Regional Testing Center
Hosted at Golden West College
15744 Golden West Street, Forum I, Room 112A
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Please review application before mailing. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Testing Day Instructions: (You must bring the listed items below)
- Non-laminated original social security card (copies, receipts from the SSA or laminated cards will not be accepted)
- Original current valid goverment approved photo identification with signature (example: driver's license or passport) (copies will not be accepted)
- CDPH 283b Nurse assistant initial application (CDPH 283b form from training facility) or CDPH 932 Approval notice (Issued from California Department of Public Health)
CDPH283b forms must include original signature from RN responsible for training and training facilities address, phone and program identificaton number
CDPH 932 forms must be original with embossed stamp from CDPH
- All presented documents must be original.
- If you fail to bring any of the above listed documents or if you do NOT present them at the day of testing registration, you may not take the examination. You will be required to reschedule and pay the rescheduling fee.
- First and last names on 283b/932 form, photo identification, social security card and all presented documentation must be exactly the same or you will not be permitted to take the examination.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled examination or do not bring bring the required documents for testing you will be charged a $25 rescheduling fee.
- Send an new registration application with the rescheduling fee to the Regional Test Coordination Center to reapply for the exam.
- A $25 reschedule fee will apply for all cancelled, rescheduled or missed exams
- See candidate handbook for details
- All registration materials are processed upon receipt, therefore there are no refunds.
How to challenge the Nurse Assistant Certification Exam:
Want to verify certification status?
Phone: (916) 327-2445
Fax: (916) 552-8785
(Complete for reciprocity from another state)
Live - Scan Fingerprinting Available!
Please call (714) 895-8708 for an appointment.